Magical Meghalaya Monsoon Photography Tour
Date: 4th September – 8th September, 2020
Tour Mentor: Lumlung Kamei
|Important Coronavirus (COVID-19) notice – I understand that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you are reluctant to book any travel. I hope that COVID-19 is not going to affect the Magical Meghalaya Monsoon Photography Tour 2020. You can book the trip with confidence, your full amount will be refunded if the trip gets cancelled only due to COVID-19. I request all readers to follow the advice from World Health Organisation and remain safe.
FOTORBIT is committed to promote photography through exhibitions, photography workshops and photography tours. If you are an amateur or professional photographer then this photography tour is perfect for you. In this trip you can capture amazing landscape photography, pictures of silky waterfalls and night photography. We are extending our photography journey to Meghalaya along with the “son of the soil” Lumglung Kamei, an eminent landscape photographer from Shillong, Meghalaya. Magical Meghalaya Monsoon Photography Tour will be one of the memorable photography workshops in India.
Meghalaya is a beautiful state in the north-east of India. During monsoon, Meghalaya provides great opportunity for photography. You can capture award winning pictures of beautiful landscapes, waterfalls, enchanting star trails. Meghalaya means the abode of the clouds; the British authorities called it “Scotland of the East”. The Fotorbit Magical Meghalaya Monsoon Photography tour will cover few ultimate destinations of photography with Lumlung Kamei; he is known for waterfall photography. Lumlung will guide you on using the right filter and camera settings for silky waterfall photography.
Monsoon Meghalaya Photography Tour
The tour is meticulously designed and planned by Tania Chatterjee (Director of Fotorbit Pvt. Ltd) and Lumlung Kamei (Meghalaya Tour Mentor), so that you capture the perfect shot. The itinerary will give you iconic, unique, with insightful stories of nature and landscape photography. This is one of the dream photography tours in India. It covers pristine landscape, lush green cover, deep jungles, and sleeping villages within the hills, waterfalls and lakes. Lumlung is a very supportive and popular personality in photography.
Day 1- 4th Sept, 2020 (Friday)
Fotorbit will provide pick-up arrangements around 10.00 am from Guwahati (either airport OR Railways Station). After arrival to Shillong, check-in to your pre-booked hotel and get fresh. In the evening Lumlung will provide you a tour briefing, specific travel and photographic tips for upcoming locations and camera settings guidance for waterfalls, landscape and people. There will be a brief introduction on Astro photography for your star trail and pictures of milky-way.
Day 2 – 5th Sept, 2020 (Saturday)
Early morning shoot of Nohsngithiang Falls (also known as the Seven Sisters Waterfalls or Mawsmai Falls) of Meghalaya. The waterfalls get illuminated by the sun and the vibrant color of the early morning sun on the waterfalls makes it sparkle. Cherrapunjee also known as Sohra has many small and big waterfalls. After breakfast you will travel to see the Kyrem waterfall. Kynrem Falls cascades down through three tiers, from a height of about 300 meters. You will spend the evening at Noakhalikai falls; the picturesque splendor and the height of the fall would mesmerize you. It’s a great day for waterfall photography. If the weather is dry with a clear sky then Lumlung will set you up for some amazing astro photography and night photography, you can shoot star trail or pictures in zero light setting.
Day 3 – 6th Sept, 2020 (Sunday)
At early morning break of dawn you will visit the Garden of Caves. Amidst a remote village you will find a well maintained location with silvery waterfalls and crystalline ponds. After your visit to garden of caves, you will be served with nice local breakfast and then head for Kharmih Park. In Kharmih Park you will take beautiful pictures very near to the waterfall. In Fotorbit Pvt. Ltd. photography tour we choose destinations which can create great photographic memories. The last destination of the day is Dainthein Falls where you will come very close to the top edge, a perfect location to have a panoramic view of the waterfall. If the weather is dry with a clear sky then the Fotorbit Magical Meghalaya Photography trip will help you to take some amazing picture of the Milky Way.
Book your trip well in advance so that mentors can guide regarding right photography equipment’s and gears. Tania and Lumlung will guide you to purchase the right ND filters.
Day 4 – 7th Sept, 2020 (Monday)
After breakfast the Fotorbit Magical Monsoon Meghalaya photography trip will visit the Jainlar falls in cherrapunjee (sohra). After lunch you will move to Mawsawa Waterfalls where you can take wonderful pictures of waterfall in close proximity. Late afternoon and evening is free for you, so that you can indulge in shopping.
Day 5 – 8th Sept, 2020 (Tuesday)
After breakfast you will start for Guwahati at 0830 am. You are expected to reach Guwahati at 1300 pm.
KNOW YOUR TEAM LEADER:
Lumlung Kamei is a nature and travel photographer from Shillong, India. He loves to capture nature’s beauty around him through photography. His passion is to travel to beautiful locations in Meghalaya and bring forth the hidden treasures for the world to view. Lumlung’s love to chase his passion makes him an ambassador of Meghalaya photographically.
Lumlung works for Sony India Pvt. Ltd; he is a busy person as he looks after the entire region of North-East India. He has received 4 gold medals from Camerena; he was also awarded as the Star Photographer of the year from World Photography Forum.To know more about him visit his page https://www.instagram.com/lumlung/
(Images displayed in this post are copyrighted to Lumglung Kamei)
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in a standard clean hotel. We will arrange single occupancy on demand during your booking.
- Fee will cover all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) starting from Day 1(4th Sept, 2020) lunch to Day 5 (8th Sept, 2020) Breakfast.
- Mineral water will be served with meals.
- Tea/coffee will be served with breakfast and evening
- All local transports related to our photo tour.
- Pick-up and Drop from Guwahati (Airport/ Station)
- On field assistances, image reviews and mentor’s guidance fee.
FEE DOESN’T INCLUDE:
- Bus/train/flight tickets to and from Guwahati
- Any entry fee (if required); fees for photography and videography (if required)
- Travel Insurance
- Any personal habits or expenses.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY:
If you cancel your registration, then you will be refunded according to the following schedule, based on the full fee of the Workshop:
- Greater than 60 days from the start date of the Workshop: full refund minus service tax.
- Within 45 days: 75% refund of total fee
- Within 30 days: 50% refund of total fee
- Less than 15days : No refund
Under any unavoidable circumstances, if we have to cancel our photo tour, your entire booking money will be refunded.
LIABILITIES AND LIMITATIONS OF THE ORGANISATION:
- All itineraries are sample itineraries, intended to give you a general idea of the likely trip schedule. Numerous factors such as weather, road conditions, local political situations, the physical ability of the participants etc. may dictate itinerary changes either before the tour or while on the trail. We reserve the right to change any schedule in the interest of the trip participants’ safety, comfort & general well-being.
- FOTORBIT Pvt. Ltd. shall not be responsible for any delays & alterations in the programme or expenses incurred – directly or indirectly – due to natural hazards, flight cancellations, train delay, accidents, breakdown of transport, weather, sickness, road blockages, political closures or any troublesome incidents.
- FOTORBIT Pvt. Ltd. shall not be responsible for any loss, injury or damage to person, property, or otherwise in connection with any accommodation, transportation or other services, resulting – directly or indirectly – from any act of GOD, dangers, fire, accident, breakdown in machinery or equipment, breakdown of transport, wars, civil disturbances, strikes, riots, thefts, pilferages, epidemics, medical or custom department regulations, defaults, or any other causes beyond our control.
FOTORBIT Pvt. Ltd. does not have any insurance policy covering the expenses for accident, sickness, loss due to theft, or any other reasons. All baggage, camera, other gears & personal property/s at all times are at the client’s risk.
 FOTORBIT is used as an acronym for FOTORBIT Pvt Ltd.