AOLING FESTIVAL AND KONYAK HEADHUNTER TRIBAL PHOTOGRAPHY TOUR, NAGALAND , APRIL 2024
DATES : 3rd – 7th April, 2024 ( 5 days and 4 nights)
Different harvest festivals are celebrated differently in various parts of India. The Aoling festival is the annual ‘Spring Festival’ of tattooed head hunters belonging to the Konyak tribe of Nagaland. The celebration of the Aoling festival is spread across first week of April every year in different villages of Mon district. The festival marks the end of the sowing season. This is a time for jubilation; everyone dresses in their traditional colourful costumes, ornaments and headgears along with weapons. Although the glorious age of head hunting of Konyak is a past now, these festivals are still is a way to showcase their days of gun power and hunting. Extravagant dances are performed with songs of Konyak tribal folklore, gigantic feasts consisting of ethnic cuisines are held, along with the local rice beer. Aoling is all about enjoyment, dance, music and food. By the end, you will be overwhelmed by the tribal hospitality and that headhunter’s zest.
Day 1 ( 3rd April, 24 ) : Pick up from Dibrugarh Airport (Mohanbari Airport), Assam at around 12.00 IST. Start journey towards Mon, Nagaland. We are expecting to reach Mon district by evening. Evening there will be an introduction and briefing session by the Mentor.
Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4 ( 4th, 5th and 6th April, 24 ): We will visit various remote Konyak tribal villages of Mon District to witness and shoot the portrait, lifestyle of the fascinating Konyak tribe and witness the Aoling festival in different villages.
Day 5 ( 7th April, 24 ) : Early morning check-out from homestay and drop to Dibrugarh Airport (Mohanbari Airport), around 12.00 IST. Our trip ends here.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 10
WORKSHOP FEE :
For Indian : Rs. 36,500 per person on shared accommodation basis and Rs. 44,500 for single room accommodation.
For Foreigners : 700$ per person on double sharing accommodation and 800$ for single room accommodation
To book your seat, you are requested to pay 50% of tour fee in advance. WhatsApp ( +91-8420124417) for registration and booking
- Accommodation in homestay at Mon district, Nagaland.
- Pick up and drop from Dibrugarh Airport, Assam by four-wheel drive (4WD)car ( 4 person in one vehicle )
- Fee will cover all meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) starting from Day 1 (3rdApril, 2024) lunch to Day 5 ( 7thApril, 2024 ) lunch.
- Mineral water throughout the trip
- Tea/coffee will be served with breakfast and evening
- All local transports
- Tips to the tribal people for photo shoot
- Hiring of Local Guide/translator
- On field assistances, image reviews and mentor’s guidance fee.
FEE DOESN’T INCLUDES:
- Domestic/International flight tickets to and from Dibrugarh Airport.
- Any personal habits or expenses
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
- If you cancel your booking, then you will be refunded according to the following schedule, based on the full fee of the Workshop:
- 45 days or more: 50% refund of total tour fee
- 30 days or more: 50% refund of total tour fee
- Less than 30 days or less : Non –refundable
Hashtags: #konyak #headhunter #konyaktribe #aolingfestival #tribalfestival #tribalportrait #northeastindia #photographytour #taniachatterjee #taniachatterjeeworkshop #phototourindia